Rules and Regulations
- No membership fees will be charged.
- In all articles of manufacture, grain, seed, and
produce, no person shall enter in the same section, more than one article of each kind and not more
than two entries in all other sections, livestock included. This rule must be strictly adhered
- All animals and articles must be the bonafide property
of the exhibitors, and all grain and vegetables to be the growths of the current year except clover and
flax seed, which may be the growth of the previous year.
- The judge shall have the power to decide whether the
animal or article is worthy of a prize or not, and when there is little or no competitions they
are to decide what prize they are entitled to, if any.
- No person is allowed to interfere with the Judges during
- THE SECRETARY WILL RECEIVE ENTRY LISTS, EITHER BY PERSON
OR BY MAIL, FROM SEPTEMBER 1ST., UP UNTIL 10:00 P.M. THE NIGHT BEFORE THE
FIRST DAY OF THE FAIR, UNLESS A CLOSING DATE IS OTHERWISE STATED. NO
ENTRY TICKETS WILL BE MAILED UNLESS MAILING ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE WITH THE
- No Percentage Deducted.
- All exhibits, (except horses, cattle, sheep, swine and
poultry) must be placed for judging at the Hall before 12:00 noon Thursday September
26, 2013, or they
will not be accepted. This rule will be strictly adhered to.
- If any dispute occurs, Treasurer shall hold premiums
- Exhibitors of purebred animals shall produce pedigrees
to the satisfaction of the judge or they will not be entitled to a prize.
- Persons violating any of the rules to be subject to
expulsion from the Society and forfeit all prizes they may be entitled to.
- All animals to have halters. Young calves and pigs to be
judged according to age. Age to be on ticket.
- All or any protests must be made on the day of the Fair,
and each protest must be accompanied by the sum of $5.00, which will be refunded if the
protest is sustained.
- No exhibitor can remove any animal after being placed at
the Fair without depositing $5.00 with Secretary. This deposit will be refunded when the animal
is returned as agreed upon.
- The Directors reserve the right to interpret the rules
and regulations of the
- During the days of the exhibition, no refreshment
stands, shows, exhibits, hucksters, or any kind of performance will be allowed within 300 yards of the
Fair Grounds, except by consent of the Booths and Concessions Committee, which is according to
- No animal shall compete for more than one prize. Cattle
in herd, Sheep in pen classes, Harness Horses and Specials excepted. That no sire shall be
shown in more than one herd.
- EACH EXHIBITOR MUST SUPPLY THE SECRETARY WITH A LIST OF
THEIR ENTRIES GIVING THE CORRECT CLASS AND SECTION NUMBER.
- All specials open except where specified.
- That entry tickets be lifted by the Directors as each
class is shown.
- Where an award is made for points: In case of a tie the
exhibitor having the most prizes will be declared the winner.
- PRIZE WINNERS ARE REQUIRED TO SEND THE SECRETARY A LIST
OF THEIR WINNINGS BY OCTOBER 15TH, TO ASSIST IN EARLY ISSUING OF CHEQUES.
- ALL PRIZE MONEY AND MERCHANDISE MUST BE CASHED BEFORE END OF YEAR. CHEQUES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE END OF THE YEAR.
- The Secretary will be in the office at the Fairgrounds,
Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. and all day Wednesday and Thursday morning for the
purpose of receiving entry forms.
- If more than 6 entries in any one section, 4th prize
will be given, same money as 3rd. (ladies section).
- Exhibit Hall will close Saturday at 4:45 p.m. Re-open at
5:30 p.m. NO EXHIBITS TO BE REMOVED FROM HALL UNTIL 5:30 P.M.
- All exhibits shown at owners risk against loss or damage.
Fair opens Friday September 27, 2013 at 10:00 A.M.;
Any information collected by the Bobcaygeon Agricultural
Society regarding members, exhibitors, commercial exhibitors, sponsors, directors and
any other persons related directly to the business of the Bobcaygeon Agricultural Society,
and the Bobcaygeon Fall Fair, will be solely used for the purposes of promotion of the
Bobcaygeon Agricultural Society and the Bobcaygeon Fair, for processing payment of prize
monies and other payments owed: for publication of the winner's names in local papers: and
for the maintenance of their files and data base. Any member, exhibitor, commercial exhibitor,
sponsor or director realizes that when they agree to take part in the Bobcaygeon Agricultural
Society and the Bobcaygeon Fair that their names may be published for these reasons only. None of this
information whatsoever will be sold or transferred to any outside party
for any reason.
ENTRIES FOR THE HALL ARE TO BE BROUGHT IN THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 26TH. FROM 8:30 A.M. - 12:00 NOON TO BE JUDGED ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON AT 1:00 P.M.
PLEASE NOTE: PARADE WILL START 11:00 A.M. SHARP FROM THE FOUNTAIN
NOTE: To avoid waiting for entry tickets to be prepared,
you may send your entry forms to the Secretary prior to the Fair and your entry tickets
will be prepared and waiting for you to pick them up in the Fair Office all day Tuesday and
Wednesday and Thursday Morning.
ENTRY FORM: List of items you wish to enter in
competition showing class and section.
ENTRY TICKET: Ticket obtained from the Fair Office
showing Exhibitor Number. Ticket must be attached to exhibit entered. (Livestock excepted).
EXHIBIT: Item entered for competition.
All Correspondence and Entry forms to be sent to:
Mrs. Lisa Humphries, Secretary-Treasurer
Bobcaygeon Agricultural Society
Box 386 Bobcaygeon, Ontario, K0M 1A0
Agricultural Office - (705) 738-3445
fax: (705) 887-3626
Web Site: bobcaygeonfair.com
PRE-FAIR EVENT - Demolition Derby, Thursday Night 7:30
p.m. MIDWAY OPEN